The Sol-Ark 5K-1P-N is a 4.8kW All-In-One inverter that can be used in either an off-grid setting, or tied to the grid to provide back-up power, peak-shaving, or load-shedding. The Sol-Ark inverter spans the bridge between battery-less grid-tie inverters, and off-grid systems that can provide power when the grid goes down. The inverter can export excess solar PV to the grid, to make an effective net-metering system
Please note that unlike the other Sol-Ark models this is a 120 Volt AC single-phase inverter! This model does not have an integrated DC battery breaker, that is to-be-supplied externally.
10,400 Watt of Solar PV can be connected to charge the batteries, and/or export to the grid. The Sol-Ark inverter has two independent MPPT inputs, each allowing a wide Voltage range of 100 – 500 Volt (125 – 425 Volt MPPT range). The high-Voltage inputs allow for long PV strings, making it simpler to install solar PV.
The unit has a build-in transfer switch that allows for switching from grid-tie to off-grid mode in 5 ms, making the ideal Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). This is fast enough to prevent computers from noticing or resetting.
Up to 8 Sol-Ark 5K-1P-N inverters can be stacked in parallel (40kW total), using a single battery bank.
It meets all the grid-tie regulations and requirements for a code-compliant installation: UL/CSA-listing for the USA and Canada, the solar PV input includes AFCI and GFCI, minimizing the need for additional equipment.
- 48 Volt battery bank
- Can be installed outdoors
- Cell phone app for monitoring
- Remote monitoring via Internet
- 120 Amp battery charger from AC & solar PV
- Up to 500 Volt DC dual-MPPT for solar PV
- Rapid Shutdown integration using Tigo TS-4F units
- 50 Amp 120V (6kW) pass-through capable
- 4800 Watt continuous AC output, 10kW for 10 seconds
- Works with lithium-ion, AGM, GEL, and flooded batteries
- Integrated relay for automatic-generator-start (AGS) functionality
- UL & CSA-listed
- 10-year warranty